Thanking NY mayor for keeping 9/11 secular

Post links to video, audio, images or other media items. Funny or informative

Thanking NY mayor for keeping 9/11 secular

Postby DukeTwicep » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:57 am

I got this message from the atheist nexus and I thought it might be of some importance. I sent a thank you letter to the mayor. You should too :p.

Before I get down to business, I want to ask you to do me a favor.

You know that today marks the tenth anniversary of the tragedies of September 11, 2011. However, you may not know that New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg made the controversial decision to keep today’s memorial services completely secular. No clergy—from any religion—will be allowed to publically use this event to pray or proselytize.

Unfortunately, we in the nontheist community are continually on the defense. Daily, all over the world, our rights are trampled and we are told to shut up and let the religious use public gatherings as they please. Yet, how often do we take time to be thankful to those who uphold our civil liberties? Please join me in thanking Mayor Bloomberg. If he only hears the complaints from the religious, the decision might not go to our favor next time.

Mayor Bloomberg’s contact info:

Email: Online Contact Form Phone: 212-639-9675 Fax: 212-312-0700

Snail Mail:

Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg
City Hall
New York, NY 10007

Oh and the "Online contact form" is clickable, so if you want to thank by email, that's where you do it.
DukeTwicep

Return to Media Madness