I propose a new holiday as an Easter substitute

Open discussion for all registered members.

I propose a new holiday as an Easter substitute

Postby DaveL » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:47 pm

I propose we rename Easter to Sleaster, or perhaps Sleazter, to commemorate the sleaziness of Christianity and its authority figures, on so many levels.

Perhaps commemorate isn't the right word here. Anyhow I do feel a desire everytime I hear a reference to Easter, to disassociate myself from it and to be disrespectful of it. Referring to it with a joke name seems to help. Does anyone else have any suggestions?

Anyhow, Happy Sleaster everyone!
Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprize, every expanded prospect.
-- James Madison
DaveL

Postby riverwestein » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:23 am

zombie jesus day, while old and overused, is completely apt in my opinion - and it's offensive, which makes it all the better.
riverwestein

Postby DaveL » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:48 am

Well it's my intention that Sleaster will meet or exceed offensiveness standards.

You can never have too many offensive pseudonymns for superstitious holidays, seems to me.

Perhaps Zombie Jesus Day might be too obscure for some theists, to even recognize that they're being mocked. So Sleaster, what with the rhyming, will be more obviously disrespectful.

In any case, I think the two can coexist amicably enough.
Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprize, every expanded prospect.
-- James Madison
DaveL

Return to General Discussion