Why is the forum almost dead?

Feedback, questions and concerns about the forums

Why is the forum almost dead?

Postby DjVortex » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Almost every post made on the AE blog receives on average something like 50 comments, and the best ones get several hundreds. The ironchariots wiki gets regular edits almost every day. Clearly there's a thriving community of atheists out there following. Yet this forum is almost dead. There are like two or three people active, and even them post really rarely.

What causes this, and could something be done about it? It would be really nice to see more activity, to exchange ideas and to participate in the atheist community. I think it's a real shame that such a wonderful medium for doing this is almost deserted.
DjVortex

Re: Why is the forum almost dead?

Postby Steve » Wed Apr 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Either there's not enough interest in the forum or it hasn't been advertised enough. Those would be my guesses.
Steve

Postby NearlySane » Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:47 am

I agree with the OP. This should be a well used medium for discussion, since it comes off the back of probably the most popular atheist show around.

I'd say it isn't advertised enough and the guys behind ironchariots have let it slip. One serious mention on AE, followed up by one of them actually posting here and you might see a revival.
NearlySane

Postby EnlightenmentLiberal » Sat May 04, 2013 7:34 am

Agreed. I'd like to find a good place for discussions. I should probably start a thread or two about changes and/or additions I'd like to make to the wiki. I'd also like a place to chat about such things. I feel a little like I'm withdrawal after leaving Craig's forums a few weeks ago. It was great fun, but I was starting to repeat myself and I wasn't learning anything new. I almost want to find another place, but I think I've heard it all, or close to it. It's the same thing I realize every time, that the other side is invariably liars, evil, deluded, grossly ignorance, and/or batshit insane.

Here, let me go start one of those threads I've been meaning to.
EnlightenmentLiberal

Return to Forum Feedback