All intelligent people are Christians!!

If you're a believer, looking for a debate or attempting to make a correction - this forum is just for you!

All intelligent people are Christians!!

Postby Thomas » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:58 am

HA! made you look!

JUST KIDDING!!! :lol:
Thomas

Postby eebamxela » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:13 pm

heh. nice.
eebamxela

Postby Eilonnwy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:57 pm

I'm not amused, you guys are spamming. Quit it.
~Jackie
Candy Coloured Frown

"Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
Eilonnwy

Postby Cheesy » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:41 pm

Isn't eebamxela a moderator? Surely if anyone's activity on Iron Chariots has reached such a level that it can be called "spam," wouldn't eebamxela be one of those with the ability to act to stop the problem? The moderators make the rules, they enforce the rules, and they are, in effect, an embodiment of the rules themselves. Are you a moderator, Eilonnwy? Maybe we should leave it to the moderators to decide what is spam and what is not.
Cheesy

Postby Eilonnwy » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:55 pm

I am not a moderator, otherwise it would have been deleted. But I can still voice my disapproval. There's nothing more disappointing then going to a forum to see meaningful and thought provoking conversation and then see two people making silly jokes and essentially spamming the forum, not once but twice. I think it's even worse if one of those is a moderator. What if a person is interested in posting a debate here but they see the spam and then decide it's not worth their time? I think it takes away the enjoyment of the forums. I would hope that a moderator would delete these posts.

So while yes I'm not a moderator, I still disapprove of the obvious spam in these forums. I moderate other forums and find that the best forum environments are ones where silly posts are removed from categeories that are meant to be serious.
~Jackie
Candy Coloured Frown

"Isn’t it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams
Eilonnwy

Postby Jason Jarred » Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:59 am

I heartily disagree. I think forums like this tend to become *overly* serious and analytical at times. People become narky *cough* *cough*, bitter, angry - and sometimes a friendly joke in the right place can serve to smooth relations between people. I thought this 'spam' as you're calling it was in fact a nice touch, and I say bravo to the author for adding some humour to an otherwise political hotbed.

Also, allow me to say that it annoys me just a teensy bit whenever people label something as 'spam' simply because it annoys them. Let's lighten up a bit people! :)

Oh, btw, Hi - it's my first forum posting.
(And I think I know you Eilonwy from Adrian Hater's atheist forum?)
Jason Jarred

Postby Marathon » Wed Dec 10, 2008 5:15 am

Cheesy wrote:Isn't eebamxela a moderator? Surely if anyone's activity on Iron Chariots has reached such a level that it can be called "spam," wouldn't eebamxela be one of those with the ability to act to stop the problem? The moderators make the rules, they enforce the rules, and they are, in effect, an embodiment of the rules themselves. Are you a moderator, Eilonnwy? Maybe we should leave it to the moderators to decide what is spam and what is not.

Unfortunately the moderators here have power over the access request subforum only. We were the masters of a primitive land who saw their necessity disappear as people got smarter....sounds eerily familiar.
Marathon

Postby Eilonnwy » Wed Dec 10, 2008 3:26 pm

Jason Jarred wrote:I heartily disagree. I think forums like this tend to become *overly* serious and analytical at times. People become narky *cough* *cough*, bitter, angry - and sometimes a friendly joke in the right place can serve to smooth relations between people. I thought this 'spam' as you're calling it was in fact a nice touch, and I say bravo to the author for adding some humour to an otherwise political hotbed.

Also, allow me to say that it annoys me just a teensy bit whenever people label something as 'spam' simply because it annoys them. Let's lighten up a bit people! :)

Oh, btw, Hi - it's my first forum posting.
(And I think I know you Eilonwy from Adrian Hater's atheist forum?)

I'm not saying don't make jokes and have fun. I'm not an uptight person, I apologize if I give the impression that I am. I just thing that when you create a forum thread it should be a topic worth discussing. That's the rule I give myself when I start a topic, is this discussion worthy and not just a yes or no question? Or in this case there's nothing to even discuss, it's a bad joke and the only reason it's becoming a discussion is becuase I objected. Honestly, I probably would have ignored it if it where just the one. But to see two in a row really bothered me because then it would invite people to make silly little jokes out of threads instead of actually discussion. Thus, the quality of the forum would go down.

As far as labeling spam, when you post something irrelevant to the discussion topic (In the case of this thread, believer debates) then to me it's spam. It has nothing to do with how much it annoys me.

And yes, I am over on the atheist forums. I haven't been as active as I was when I first joined, but I'm still there. I also am not a heavy poster because I only like to say something if I really have something to say rather than just reiterate points already made by people who got there first.
~Jackie
Candy Coloured Frown

Eilonnwy

Postby hereticzero » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:20 pm

Some intelligent people are Christian. Ken Miller is one of the smartest brains I know of when it comes to evolution. He proved evolution was true and more than a theory and proven by genetics. Ken Miller is also the biology professor at Brown University and he is also the one that testified before the court that intelligent design just wasn't intelligent and prevented ID from being taught in American public schools.
Heretic Zero

Ex-Christian
Evangelical Humanist
hereticzero

Postby IllusionSector » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:29 am

Francis Collins would probably also make the list of intelligent Christians. Still, in the relevant scientific fields theists are likely a very small minority.
IllusionSector

Return to Believer's Backlash