does this picture bother anyone else?

Postby helo darqness » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 pm

was a banner on a youtube video
If God controls the land and disease,
Keeps a watchful eye on me,
If he's really so damn mighty,
My problem is I can't see,
Well who would wanna be?
Who would wanna be such a control freak?
--Modest Mouse
helo darqness

Postby Steve » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:30 pm

Aside from the fact that evolution has nothing to do with creation, it doesn't really bother me.
Steve

Postby dromedaryhump1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:57 pm

No..it doesn't bother me.
We don't worship Darwin. He's as open to lampoon / caricature / parody as any notable figure.

I bet this would bother them though:

http://circuitry.supernovajuice.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/sweetzombiejesus.jpg
dromedaryhump1

Postby helo darqness » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:06 pm

steve hit it on the head.

thats what bothered me was the evolution/cosmogenesis connection that fundies so often make.
If God controls the land and disease,
Keeps a watchful eye on me,
If he's really so damn mighty,
My problem is I can't see,
Well who would wanna be?
Who would wanna be such a control freak?
--Modest Mouse
helo darqness

Postby Cephus » Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:53 pm

I really don't get the level of Darwin worship we see in atheist circles, he was just a man who made some discoveries, he's not a saint, he shouldn't be revered and worshipped or we're just as bad as the theists who bow down to their saints.

Enough already.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Postby GodBeLess » Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Celestialmechanic.com have got a number of these, put simply, retarded adverts all over youtube.

my personal favorite is "SCIENCE vs ATHEISM! a riddle no atheist can solve!"
www.splittingoftheadam.blogspot.com

My Heathenish Atheist Blog, Go have fun there.
GodBeLess

Postby Edward » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:22 am

Cephus wrote:I really don't get the level of Darwin worship we see in atheist circles, he was just a man who made some discoveries, he's not a saint, he shouldn't be revered and worshipped or we're just as bad as the theists who bow down to their saints.

Enough already.

My question is, where the hell have you been seeing Darwin worship? IDots are the ones who make it look like we worship Darwin. That's like how FOX makes every other channel look ultra-liberal.

That picture does bother me, not because it's ridiculous, but because it's used to set up a strawman and manipulate gullible theists into the usual "I didn't come from a monkey" nonsense. I get upset when people are dishonest and exploit others.
Edward

Postby Dust » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:38 pm

What about the fact that evolution has absolutely nothing to do with "where the universe came from"?
“The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics.â€
Dust

Postby Cephus » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:36 pm

Edward wrote:My question is, where the hell have you been seeing Darwin worship? IDots are the ones who make it look like we worship Darwin. That's like how FOX makes every other channel look ultra-liberal.

Have you been watching people like Richard Dawkins? The amount of reverence he has for Darwin is absurd, just listening to him talk about how wonderful Darwin was, you'd think he wants to make him a saint.

Now I understand that someone like Dawkins, and most scientists in fact, want to be remembered for the work they do, but what's really important is the discoveries, not the people who make them. The goal of science is to increase human understanding of the world around us, not to make celebrities of the people who learn things. Having "Darwin Day" is really idiotic, the IDiots are absolutely right in pointing out that there's an absurd reverence that some atheists have for the man. Why have a Year of Darwin when we could have a Year of Evolution? That would make a lot more sense to me.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Postby Dust » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 pm

I don't really think that it matters what the day is called. Darwin day is nothing more than a tool used to bring up the topic of evolution to the public.
“The four most over-rated things in life are champagne, lobster, anal sex and picnics.â€
Dust

Return to Media Madness