Thunferf00t pwns RayComfort in an multi-part real time convo

Post links to video, audio, images or other media items. Funny or informative

Thunferf00t pwns RayComfort in an multi-part real time convo

Postby helo darqness » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2FskTKrx40 part one, go from there

Pt 6 is when the big guns come out. Ray even admits evolution exists through one example TF provides, but says its not "real" evolution. obviously....also there is a pt 7 he didnt link to.
If God controls the land and disease,
Keeps a watchful eye on me,
If he's really so damn mighty,
My problem is I can't see,
Well who would wanna be?
Who would wanna be such a control freak?
--Modest Mouse
helo darqness

Postby Mythman » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:48 am

All the videos are linked now. I have to say I was more than a little disappointed. I mean, it was an interesting discussion, and I feel like we as a whole have penetrated just a little bit further into the storm of unreason that is Ray's mind, but Thunderf00t did not once direct Ray's attention to his logical fallacies. He said nothing of the burden of proof when asked about an afterlife. He let Ray squirm out of describing his understanding of evolution, and then he let him get away with dismissing speciation as a mechanism for evolution. I guess it wasn't supposed to be a debate, but still, Thunderf00t let Ray get away with entirely too much.
Mythman

Postby eimerian » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:25 am

I liked it. It was a surprisingly "friendly" debate.

Check out the additional info box though:
Then had another chat with ray, which I wish I had recorded.. mostly about the bible. The things I really remember was that Ray believes in witches, wizards, demons and sorcerers. Hmmm thats usually a end of conversation type moment. He also thinks that the holocaust was gods way of punishing the jews. I told him very clearly that that was not going to make him very popular if he voiced such opinions in public
Jesus saves.
Do not remove memory card, controller, or reset/switch off the console.
eimerian

MATT LOOK

Postby helo darqness » Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:16 pm

If God controls the land and disease,
Keeps a watchful eye on me,
If he's really so damn mighty,
My problem is I can't see,
Well who would wanna be?
Who would wanna be such a control freak?
--Modest Mouse
helo darqness

Postby mknayman » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:34 pm

Meh. Shoulda stomped him harder. Spent too much time being nice and staying composed instead of calling out cumfart on his bullshit. However, I will hand it to him that he did his best not allow Ray to change topics, and to concede his points.

I dunno if anyone watched VenomfangX's response, but it makes me ashamed to be a human being.
"And yet it moves..."
mknayman

Postby LoneMateria » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:16 pm

They kinda eluded to another video like this I'd look forward to it. TF was right in his after thoughts that he was in the Lion's Den. Ray was definitely relaxed by comparison thats why those good questions messed him up so much. Like the Fetus with no head. I also laughed when TF asked Ray to define speciation and Ray drew a blank. Anyway I'm kinda glad TF didn't totally fuck up Ray, because I liked to see him squirm and if they do a series of these ... informal debates I think they would be very good. I'm pretty sure if TF just fucked up Ray at every turn that there would be no hope of round 2.
"There once was a time when all people believed in God and the church ruled. This time was called the Dark Ages"
~~Richard Lederer
LoneMateria

Postby Pombolo » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:55 am

Anyway I'm kinda glad TF didn't totally fuck up Ray, because I liked to see him squirm and if they do a series... I'm pretty sure if TF just fucked up Ray at every turn that there would be no hope of round 2.

That, in my view, may be a longer-term benefit. If another atheist comes along, one who has more experience of debating on camera, willing to debate him, then RC may be more liable to agree to it if he believes that he had an easy time with Thunderf00t.

I wonder if Matt D. has renewed his offer to Comfort since the Thunderf00t tapes?
Pombolo

Postby Edward » Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:18 pm

I was insulted, watching those vids. Couldn't even make it through the first three. Ray can't shut up for five seconds and tries to inject god into everything. Thunderf00t did great, but he may as well have been talking to a parrot.

I swear, f00t could've asked Ray if he liked crackers, and he would've answered "Yes, I God-like God-crackers, don't God-you?". How are you supposed to win against someone so dishonest that the only way they'll stop lying is to die?
Edward

Postby Pombolo » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 pm

Search for Richard Dawkins interviewing Wendy Wright on YouTube - the unedited tapes.

If Ray Comfort insulted you, then Wendy Wright will make your head explode.

She's like a living definition of smug.
Pombolo

Return to Media Madness