dan barker embaraces self on daily show

Post links to video, audio, images or other media items. Funny or informative

dan barker embaraces self on daily show

Postby 7od » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:32 am

ugh...
doesn't dan barker know what the daily show is?
fortunately, it mostly turns into a davinci code spoof, but the beginning of this clip makes him look like a petty, conspiracy minded ass hat.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/
it's the clip "mail mary" (as of right now it's the third clip down)

*edit*
it's ironic when you unintentionally misspell the word embarrasses
*facepalm*
7od

Postby Mythman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:26 am

I think it would have been greatly improved if he'd mentioned that she spent all her money on the Catholic Church and hardly any on the poor, or described the conditions of her "home for the dying," or her sadistic obsession with suffering. Though, to be fair, they could have just edited all that out.
Mythman

Postby 7od » Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:55 am

they probably did, but when he talks about a conspiracy, he just looks like a nut.
7od

Postby Mythman » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:09 am

Yeah. He should have just said "in reality, Mother Teresa was a sadistic bitch." THAT would have made the cut, I'm sure.
Mythman

Postby DallasHeathen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:00 pm

I haven't seen the clip, but in my understanding, the basis of the FFRF's opposition to the MT stamp is not that she was a cold-hearted bitch with a 14-inch strap-on. Their opposition is that the USPS has a rule against stamps honoring people who are famous simply for being religious.
Is there a God? Find the answer at The Official God FAQ.
DallasHeathen

Postby Mythman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:12 am

Is there such a rule? It sounded like he was going at it from an establishment clause angle the way I remember it. Either way, I think "not worthy of being put on a stamp" would have been better than "Catholic conspiracy."
Mythman

Postby DallasHeathen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:56 pm

The USPS has 12 criteria for stamp selection, and #9 is:
Stamps or stationery items shall not be issued to honor religious institutions or individuals whose principal achievements are associated with religious undertakings or beliefs.

Now the reason they have this rule is because of the establishment cause angle.
Is there a God? Find the answer at The Official God FAQ.
DallasHeathen

Postby Mythman » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:00 am

Ah. Then the lesson is to stick with the specific rule. No jumping to the establishment clause, and definitely no uttering of the word "conspiracy."
Mythman

Postby 7od » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:02 pm

i think the lesson is not to be on one of the daily shows pieces with an issue you take seriously. because the only thing they're going to do is make you look stupid. it's a comedy show, if they can't make you look stupid, they're not going to air it.

now a large group of people, who would otherwise be indifferent, look at dan barker as a nut that they shouldn't take seriously. and anyone who saw that without actually understanding his point before hand, that sees him in a debate in the future, is going to automatically discount anything he says because he's a conspiracy nut.
7od

Return to Media Madness