22 year old JW dies because she refuses blood...

Open discussion for all registered members.

22 year old JW dies because she refuses blood...

Postby feagal » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:26 pm

"Reason must be deluded, blinded, and destroyed. Faith must trample underfoot all reason, sense, and understanding, and whatever it sees must be put out of sight and... know nothing but the word of God."
feagal

Postby Marathon » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:31 pm

It’s reported that Medics begged her husband Anthony and other members of Emma’s family to overrule her after she suffered severe blood loss and began slipping away.
But because Jehovah’s Witnesses are barred from having transfusions they refused insisting the young mum would not want to betray her principles.

Every member of her family as well as her husband should be ashamed of themselves. Apparently it is better to let a young woman die and have 2 children grow up not knowing their mother than violate her principles.

Peter Welsh who was the couple’s best man at their wedding said that “We can’t believe she died after childbirth in this day and age, with all the technology there is.

Yeah, guess what would have saved her....a BLOOD TRANSFUSION.
Marathon

Postby eebamxela » Mon Nov 05, 2007 8:31 pm

what the fuck is so bad about a blood transfusion?

Yeah that religion (all of them really i guess) sucks Mexican stinky balls.
eebamxela

Postby dromedaryhump1 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:39 pm

It's not like it was a child refused blood by its parents.

This was an adult, who allowed her mind to be taken by superstition and thus paid with her life.

I don't mean to be crass or callous, but frankly she made a choice: ignorance over life. I'll not morn her passing nor rail against those who are similarly impaired because they failed to intercede.
dromedaryhump1

Postby Dust » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:02 pm

My grandfather was a Jehovah's Witness, until he needed a blood transfusion, then he converted.
Dust

Postby donnyton » Tue Nov 06, 2007 12:23 am

I do suppose that while it's horrifying what such religion causes, this was at least her right to medical treatment. Had it been something like her refusing blood for her children, I would be much more heated.
donnyton

Postby mvester » Tue Nov 06, 2007 4:50 am

Technically, all Christians should be vegetarians. There is no way to remove all the blood from any meat product. I have demonstrated this to my regular JW visitors. I hold out a nice fresh steak and ask them, "Would you eat this?"

They reply with a yes. Then I point out the blood dripping from my steak. I inform them that it is impossible to remove all the blood from meat. They never give me a response and they either quickly change the subject or they leave. I guess they like their steaks.

The primitives that wrote the old testament thought the soul was in the blood. My opinion why the JW's refuse blood transfusions is they are concerned that their soul will be contaminated with foreign souls. Of course, that does not make any sense. If I donate blood, does my soul diminish? Is part of my soul sitting in a plastic bag in some refrigerator? That is assuming that I acknowledge the existence of a soul which I don't.

The JW's try to justify their blood prohibition with all sorts of medical reasons why blood transfusions are so dangerous. I agree, blood transfusions are very dangerous. But dying is even more dangerous. Almost every medical treatment has risks. A blood transfusion is a lot safer now. I had two blood transfusions and the only consequence was staying alive.

One article I read was written by a doctor in the UK. He estimates that globally, about 1000 JW's needlessly die every year because of their stand on blood transfusions. It is committing suicide when someone dies because they refused medical treatment. When a JW stops a life saving transfusion for their child, it is murder.
I can do one thing that God can't, I can prove that I exist.
mvester

Postby eebamxela » Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:20 am

I wish all the worlds religious people were JWs. Natural selection at its peek. They would all refuse blood transfusions and the world would be left to the intelli-gents and ladies.
eebamxela

Postby dromedaryhump1 » Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:25 pm

I wish all the worlds religious people were JWs

I agree.
Or Shakers, or Heavens Gate devotees.
dromedaryhump1

Postby donnyton » Wed Nov 07, 2007 1:20 am

Or even better, dominionists.
donnyton

Return to General Discussion