Tolerance for the sake of tolerance

A place for discussion and feedback regarding the Non-Prophets podcast and/or the Atheist Experience TV show.

Tolerance for the sake of tolerance

Postby Cephus » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:15 pm

I was listening to the last NP and Matt brought up tolerance with regards to Huckabee. While Huckabee is indeed a complete asshat, he did have a point that being tolerant, just for the sake of being tolerant, is foolish. None of us are perfectly tolerant because the only logical tolerance is to put up with those things that are tolerable. I'd hope we don't tolerate pedophiles and murderers and rapists and necrophiles and all of that nonsense. I don't think you can really argue that we are too permissive a society in a lot of ways, simply because everyone, even the most offensive, want to be tolerated and are far too quick to throw around the "intolerant" word for anyone who doesn't kiss their ass.

I'm proud to be intolerant of things that are not tolerable, so should everyone. We may not all agree with exactly what should and should not be tolerated, but to say that anything goes, just because it exist, is idiotic.
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Huckabee's latest bullshit

Postby jhawksgirl » Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:49 am

"[Some of my opponents] do not want to change the Constitution, but I believe it's a lot easier to change the constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God, and that's what we need to do is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards," Huckabee said, referring to the need for a constitutional human life amendment and an amendment defining marriage as between a man and a woman.

Who the hell does this guy think he is? As if it were in the president's power to change the constitution. What an asshat.
jhawksgirl
Forum Moderator

Postby Cephus » Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Yesterday, I got a census form from the Republican National Committee and one of the questions was:

Do you think Congress should pass the Federal Marriage Amendment, protecting marriage as a union between one man and one woman?

These asshats don't even know that Congress doesn't have the power to pass Constitutional Amendments. Go figure. :roll:
Want to know more? http://BitchSpot.JadeDragonOnline.com
Religion is a mental disease.
Cephus

Return to Non-Prophets / Atheist Experience Forum